Parenting can be a stressful, confusing and lonely time. You are not alone with those feelings! Teenage Mother’s Initiative (TAMI) is dedicated to helping pregnant and parenting teen moms and dads in McHenry County.
All parents have questions about parenting and how they can make a happy life for themselves and their children, TAMI focuses on the unique challenges teen parents encounter.
- Connection with other parenting teens
- Help finding resources available
- Childcare, housing assistance, WIC, etc.
- Information on pregnancy and parenting
- Help dealing with school challenges
- Time management, schedules
- Assistance in preventing another pregnancy
In order to complete the program successfully, attendance is required at each of the following group or individual sessions. Additional topics will be presented throughout the program based on individual need.
Positive Parenting Skills
Labor and Delivery*
Education & Employment
GED Enrollment Assistance**
Career Planning/Goal Setting
*Only required for participants who are pregnant through 3 months postpartum.
**Only required for participants who have not graduated high school or obtained their GED.