In addition to being compassionate and caring, a Direct Support Professional (DSP) assists with routine daily activities in a group home or day program setting.
- Helping clients with mobility and hygiene activities (bathing, grooming, toileting)
- Food preparation and dining assistance
- Tracking goals, behaviors and daily logs
- Housekeeping at homes – laundry, ensuring clients complete chores
- Organize and take clients to community events and fun activities
- Sitting down to talk and connect with clients
To learn more about this rewarding career opportunity, please watch “A Day in the Life of a DSP”.