Both 2-1-1- and MCRide are local resources that are just a phone call away whether you are seeking help with almost any health or human service challenge or looking to access local transportation.
McHenry County residents can now dial 2-1-1 to access free, confidential help and resources from a trained specialist with almost any health or human service challenge.
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Get Needed Answers
- Get on the Right Track
- Alternate Number: 865.9903
MCRide is a great way to get around McHenry County. Whether you need transportation for work, school, shopping, or medical appointments, MCRide provides an affordable and flexible way to travel! As a dial-a-ride program, MCRide service is “on-demand“ and buses do not travel in a fixed route each day. Riders schedule their trips in advance and the vehicle provides curb-to-curb service from the rider’s desired pick-up and drop-off destinations. MCRide is a shared-ride service, so the vehicle may make stops for other passengers.
Download the brochure.
Beginning January 1, 2018, the following are added to the MCRide service area:
- Chemung Township – seniors and individuals with disabilities may travel to/from/within Chemung Township.
- Richmond Township – seniors and individuals with disabilities may travel to/from/within Richmond Township.
- Village of Richmond – everyone (i.e., the “general public”) may travel to/from/within the Village of Richmond.
- McHenry County Conservation District (MCCD) sites – everyone may travel to/from the following MCCD point destinations
- Brookdale Conservation Area
- Glacial Park – Lost Valley Visitor Center
- The Hollows Conservation Area