Pioneer Center for Human Services’ Family Connections Group is hosting a Special Needs Workshop on Thursday, November 9 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm. The workshop, Life Planning for Your Child With Special Needs, is being presented in conjunction with Annette Hammortree of Forget-Me-Not Life Planning Services, a division of Hammortree Financial Services.
During the workshop, families will learn about the need to create a special needs trust, how to plan and provide for loved ones with disabilities, how to safeguard government benefits and more. In addition, questions will be answered about guardianship and conservatorship.
The list of people who can benefit from a special needs trust is much larger than you would think at first. People who should attend this workshop include:
- someone with a permanent or severe disability who is unable to learn a living
- someone who may get better (learn how the definition of “disabled” is changing, planning with recovery in mind)
- someone who may need a special needs trust later
- someone who is eligible for Medicare or SSDI
- someone who needs assistance managing an inheritance
Snacks and beverages will be provided. The workshop will take place at Pioneer Center’s McHenry Campus at 4031 W. Dayton Street. Individuals are asked to RSVP by contacting Barb Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815.759.7128 by October 31.