Runaway & Homeless Youth
Our services are available 24/7 and are FREE!
Each year more than 500 runaways and homeless youth are reported to police departments across McHenry County. The Runaway and Homeless Youth Program’s goal is to keep runaway and at-risk youth safe. We strive to identify the problems a youth and their family are facing and work towards reunification.
Who we help
- Youth refusing to go home
- Youth who have been locked out of their home by parents or guardians
- Families with concerns about their child’s unsafe behaviors
What we provide
- Follow-up counseling
- Emergency shelter
- Referrals for job placement or school placement
- Legal guidance
- Encourage family reunification and the resolution of intra-family problems through counseling and other services
- Strengthen family relationships and encourage stable living conditions
- Help youth become independent, self-confident individuals capable of good life decisions
Call us for help…815.344.1230.
After hours, call the McHenry County Crisis Hotline at 800.892.8900